- February 2021, Crimes Against Humanity in the Aegean;
- July 2020, Collective Expulsions in the Aegean Sea;
- January 2020, Rights Violations and Resistance in Lesvos.
Please note: Many of our publications are also available in
Ελληνικά and Castellano, by following the links below and scrolling down.
- March 2021, GREEK GOVERNMENT INSTRUCTED BY EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS TO GUARANTEE LIVING CONDITIONS COMPATIBLE WITH ARTICLE 3 ECHR FOR LCL CLIENT A.J.
- February 2021, GREEK AUTHORITIES MUST URGENTLY TRANSFER ‘VULNERABLE’ MIGRANTS TO THE MAINLAND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR OWN LAWS: LCL SUBMITS COMPLAINT TO GREEK OMBUDSMAN URGING ACTION ON BEHALF OF 21 INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES.
- February 2021, The Legal Centre Lesvos and Front-Lex call upon FRONTEX to immediately suspend or terminate its activities in the Aegean Sea region
- 25 November 2020, While Europe struggles with second wave of COVID-19 infections, Greece rushes asylum seekers through procedures in Lesvos;
- 27 September 2020, Dire conditions in Lesvos’ new containment camp, while Greek authorities’ assault on those in solidarity with migrants continues;
- 23 September 2020, The Migration Pact: a “fresh start”?;
- 11 September 2020, No More Moria;
- 9 September 2020, Fire Destroys Much of Moria Camp, Following Four Years of European Tolerance of Fatal Risks to Migrants;
- 3 September 2020, Confirmation of Covid-19 in Moria Camp Leads to Immediate Transformation to a Closed Centre, Following Five Months of Deliberate Failure of European Member States to Respond to Foreseeable and Preventable Disaster;
- 18 August 2020, Despite the discriminatory lockdown on camps and hostility towards migrants and those in solidarity, resistance grows;
- 27 May 2020, Hostility towards migrants and those working to support them continues as state policy in Lesvos;
- 8 May 2020, Iraqi infant’s death at sea off coast of Lesvos unreported by Greek authorities, exposed by Al Jazeera;
- 28 April 2020, Authorities’ tolerance of fascist violence and brutality towards migrants in Lesvos continues, two years after Sapfous Square attack;
- 30 March 2020, Discriminatory restrictions on movement further contain migrants in unsanitary conditions – and at risk of COVID-19 outbreak;
- 19 March 2020, COVID-19 paves the way for mass detention of migrants;
- 13 March 2020, No Man’s Land for Europe’s “Undesirables”;
- 5 March 2020, Illegal and Immoral: European border priorities become policy;
- 27 February 2020, Riot police recalled from Lesvos and Chios, following demonstrations against new detention sites;
- 25 February 2020, Demonstrations against the construction of new detention centres in Lesvos and Chios;
- 19 January 2020, Call for accountability: Apparent Suicide in Moria Detention Centre followed failure by Greek State to provide obligated care.
- 26 January 2021, Σταματήστε να παίζετε με τις ζωές ανθρώπων: επείγει η διασφάλιση της υγείας φιλοξενουμένων και εργαζομένων στο ΚΥΤ της Λέσβου
- 26 January 2021, The Workings of the Screening Regulation: Juxtaposing proposed EU rules with the Greek reception and identification procedure;
- 9 November 2020, Stop Israeli Killer Drones: Non-renewal of CEiiA contract;
- 30 October 2020, AN ATTACK ON SOLIDARITY AND SAFE ACCOMMODATION: THE FORCED CLOSURE OF PIKPA CAMP;
- 13 October 2020, PROTECT DIGNITY AND HUMAN RIGHTS: CALL FOR SOLIDARITY GATHERING IN SUPPORT OF PIKPA, 14/10/2020;
- 6 October 2020, HUMAN RIGHTS GROUPS DEMAND THAT GREECE INVESTIGATE PUSHBACKS AND VIOLENCE AT ITS BORDERS;
- 17 September 2020, Press Release of Legal Organizations operating in Lesvos regarding the procedures concerning asylum seekers during the state of emergency that has been created;
- September 2020, Fire in Moria Camp: Call for urgent evacuation and radical change;
- 21 July 2020, Organisations in Greece, local and international health bodies warn: “discrimination does not protect against COVID-19”;
- 7 May 2020, 20 Organizations and Lawyers call for voting against provisions that jeopardize fundamental rights of applicants for international protection;
- 22 April 2020, Stop the use of Israeli drones for EU’s Anti-Migrant Policies;
- 30 March 2020, No Israeli drones for EU’s Anti-Migrant Policies;
- 25 March 2020, Protect the most vulnerable to ensure protection for everyone! ‘Restore legality to protect refugees and the society at large amidst the pandemic’;
- 24 March 2020, Greece: Move Asylum Seekers, Migrants to Safety Immediate Hotspot Decongestion Needed to Address COVID-19;
- 18 March 2020, Say No to Dirty Deals! Over 30 groups demand an end to EU-Turkey Deal;
- 10 March 2020, Protect Our Laws and Humanity: Open Letter by 120 organisations;
- 7 February 2020, Criminal complaint filed regarding the death of a 31-year-old Iranian national at the Pre-Removal Detention Centre of Moria.
Webinars and Documentaries
- 23 January 2021, panelist in “Pushbacks on the Greek-Turkish border“, organised by Mediterranea Saving Humans;
- 25 November 2020, panelist in “Dismantling asylum: the EU Migration Pact viewed from Greece and Italy“, organised by Goldsmiths, University of London;
- 10 November 2020, panelist in “The EU-Israel Nexus: Militarization, Migration, Apartheid”, organised by World Without Walls – Europe;
- 24 October 2020, panelist in “Hostile Environments Conference: Unlawful pushbacks in the Mediterannean and the English Channel“, organised by European Lawyers for Democracy and Human Rights and the Haldane Society of Socialist Lawyers;
- 24 October 2020: the Legal Centre contributed testimony to the Permanent People’s Tribunal – Berlin, on the necropolitical violence inflicted on migrants throughout the EU. Watch our contribution here;
- 14 October 2020, panelist in “Fires in Moria – law, migratory policies and asylum in Lesvos“, organized by the Centre on Law and Social Transformation;
- 23 September 2020, panelist in webinar, “Hearing zum Migtations- und Asylpakt” organized by Cornelia Ernst of the Left Party, Member of the European Parliament from Germany;
- 22 June 2020, Contribution to webinar, “Routes of Solidarity. The European Border Regime, the Balkans and connecting resistances,” organised by Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung office in Greece and South-east-Europe;
- 27 March 2020, Redfish, “Lesbos Refugee Camp: The Crisis at the EU Border”, featuring Lorraine Leete of the Legal Centre Lesvos.