lawyers, legally trained professionals and law graduates,
We need you!
Do you want to be part of a team dedicated to defending the rights of refugees?
Legal Centre Lesvos is looking for lawyers, legally trained professionals and law graduates willing to assist our legal team in defending the rights of asylum seekers and refugees in Lesvos.
We are now accepting applications for periods from September 2021 onwards.
The volunteer post is for a minimum of 3 months.
Priority will be given to those who fit any of the following criteria:
- Experience in defending the rights of refugees
- A working knowledge of the Common European Asylum System and the Greek Asylum System
- Alongside English, fluency in any of the following languages: Arabic, Farsi, French, Greek or Urdu
- Ability to volunteer for more than the minimum period
- Membership of the IADL or ELDH through one of their National Associations
- Experience of journalism or advocacy experience
If you wish to apply please email email@example.com with a CV, a writing sample of your choice, contacts for reference(s) and cover letter explaining the following:
- Professional Background
- Education History
- Relevant Experience in the field of refugee rights
- Reasons for Wanting to Volunteer with the Legal Centre Lesvos
- Period of availability
Please note that the Legal Centre is unable to provide funding for travel, accommodation or living expenses. Potential volunteers are encouraged to seek financial support from universities, law firms and bar associations. Other sources of funding will be provided below as and when we become aware of them. Please see the relevant websites for further details: