The LCL has taken on criminal defence in cases of migrants or those in solidarity with them who are criminalised for political acts, or who are subject to abuse of state power or collective punishment. These cases have included representing alleged migrant ‘boat drivers’ charged with smuggling, migrants who are arbitrarily detained, and individuals arrested following migrant-led protests.
- 5 September 2023, Press Release: Victory for LCL Client – Mytilene Court orders 16.000 in compensation after nearly three years of unjust imprisonment
- 12 December 2022, Press Release: Delayed “justice” in appeal trial: Amir Zahiri and Akif Razuli will finally be freed!
- 7 April 2022, Cruel and unjustified postponement of Amir and Razuli appeal trial
- 18 March 2022, Appeal trial against Amir and Razuli interrupted until 7 April 2022 after two days of waiting / Το Εφετείο κατά των Amir και Razuli διακόπηκε για τις 7 Απριλίου 2022 μετά από δύο μέρες αναμονής
- 3 March 2022, Press release: Justice for Amir and Razuli!
- 9 March 2023, Update on the trials of the Moria 6: Justice delayed is justice denied
- 17 February 2023, We Demand Justice and Freedom for the Moria 6!
- 7 June 2022, Another miscarriage of justice from Mytilene’s Courts: Guilty verdict confirmed for the two children arrested following the Moria fire
- 2 June 2022, Press Release: We demand justice and freedom for the Moria 6!
- 25 June 2021, A STATEMENT FROM THE DEFENCE LAWYERS ON THE UNFAIR TRIAL OF FOUR OF THOSE ACCUSED OF THE MORIA FIRES
- 9 March 2021, Justice for the Moria 6
- 29 November 2018, The case of the Moria 35: a 15-month timeline of injustice and impunity
- April 2018, Moria 35, Joinda Productions.
- June 2022, Submission to the UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights defenders in Greece
- 3 May 2023: 08 May 2023, after almost 3 years of waiting, the smuggling trial of A.B. is scheduled to take place in Mytilene/ Lesvos
- 26 October 2022, Komotini Court recognises LCL client’s status as minor, and orders his release from pre-trial detention in yet another smuggling case brought against an asylum seeker under Greece’ broad anti-smuggling legislation
- 10 May 2021, Justice for K.S./ ΔΙΚΑΙΟΣΥΝΗ ΓΙΑ ΤΟΝ K.S.
- A Legal Vacuum: The Systemic Criminalisation of Migrants for Driving a Boat or Car to Greece, Borderline Europe, July 2023
- Fire in Moria Refugee Camp, Forensis/Forensic Architecture, March 2023
- “Incarcerating the Marginalised – The Fight Against Alleged ‘Smugglers’ on the Greek Hotspot Islands”, Borderline Europe, Deportation Monitoring Aegean and Aegean Migrant Solidarity, December 2020